The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing accounting tasks for Vector Laboratories located in Burlingame, CA, a business unit of Maravai Life Sciences. This position is also responsible for performing accounting tasks for other Maravai Business Units. This position reports to the Division Controller.
Founded in 1976, Vector Labs has led the market for labeling and detection products used by researchers in immunohistochemistry and adjacent segments. Vector Labs was acquired by Maravai Life Sciences in April 2016. Maravai’s mission is to build a transformative life sciences product company by acquiring outstanding businesses and accelerating their growth.
Senior Accountant Job Description
- Reports directly to the Division Controller
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Accounting Processes & Procedures, and Controls and Systems.
- Organized and self‐motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills and enjoys working with people in a challenging, fast‐paced and growing environment.
- Ensure GAAP compliance through invoicing and revenue recognition
- Prepare monthly deferred revenue entries and monthly revenue entries
- Ensure GAAP compliance through A/P bill coding and processing
- Timely completion of month end process including preparation of journal entries, accounts reconciliation and preparing supporting schedules
- Perform account reconciliations
- Perform month‐end inventory audit and reconciliation
- Perform gross margin analysis, standard cost review and analysis, BOMs/ECOs review and cost allocation
- Perform variance analysis and have the ability to identify anomalies
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports and participate in financial review meetings
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the annual external audit
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the annual 409A valuation
- Assist in cash management
- Manage Accounts Payable and vendor payment process
- Verify employees expense reports to ensure compliance with GAAP and company policy
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Revenue Recognition (Required)
- Cost Accounting knowledge and experience
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP
- 5+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience
- Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Precision/detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to identify and drive process/system improvements
- Manufacturing/Distribution experience in Life Science industry preferred
- NetSuite, Quickbooks knowledge and experience preferred
- SAGE experience a plus