We are looking to hire two Scientist/Associate Managers- Staff Scientist/Managers in the Translational Genetics group. The position will take on responsibilities for the design, execution, and interpretation of genetics studies, as part of the Translational Genetics team, and in collaboration with Analytical Genetics team and the genome sequencing and informatics production teams. Primary responsibilities will be at the level of a project leader for the analysis component of genetics discovery projects. Goals of the team will be to apply genetics to target discovery, selecting indications for drug programs, and patient/disease stratification through genetic association analyses and functional biology studies.
Responsibilities will include leading the analysis of genetics projects spanning family to population based approaches and coordinating with other functional teams within the center, research and clinical scientists at Regeneron, and external collaborators. Additional responsibilities below:
• Project leader within a clinical/translational genetics team consisting of human genetics scientists, bioinformaticians, or other required staff to execute genetics studies and projects.
• Lead the design, execution, and interpretation of genetics studies at the project level for the center and collaborate with external partners and internal Regeneron scientists in such efforts.
• Work with research and clinical colleagues at Regeneron to introduce human genetics evidence and studies into current research plans and to support drug development efforts.
• Provide human genetics expertise and consult on projects within other R&D departments at Regeneron including therapeutic focus area teams, translational and predictive medicine, and clinical development.
• Survey the literature and conferences for discoveries and findings from the broader genetics community. Integrate such findings into study opportunities and considerations internally.
• Communicate and report study findings and analyses with leadership, administration, and collaborators.