Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Data Analysis, NGS Technologies will be responsible for supporting NGS data analysis and bioinformatics pipeline development to support the mission of the Department. In this role the Scientist will focus on near and long term improvements to existing Gene Reader development data analysis/bioinformatics in accordance with state of the art bioinformatics standards as well as help develop novel range of applications and capabilities supported by future NGS workflows/platforms. The position will have a key role in bringing innovative solutions to GenReader platform and expanding the range of applications served by this platforms. Scientist will be working closely with Sequencing Chemistry team as well as Clonal Amplification and Library Prep teams to ensure optimal development of GR platform.
In this role Scientist, will:
• Leverage state of the art tools (internal and external) to analyze NGS data including primary, secondary and tertiary analysis as well as analysis of underlying technical performance indicators for sequencing (such as signal analysis) to support the development of GeneReader workflow
• Work closely with Sequencing Chemistry developers to provide bioinformatics support and data analysis support for Gene Reader workflow development
• Serve as liason between NGS development and related disciplines (internal software development and bioinformatics)
• Participate in collaborations with key external laboratories/institutions
• Mentor, develop and train staff in state of the art NGS data analysis
• Deliver key insights into product application opportunities for the QIAGEN NGS platform