10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding scientist to drive development of new single-cell sample preparation and analysis methods. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing advanced methods or systems for propagation, perturbation and high-resolution analysis of mammalian cells and tissues. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, applications, chemistry, microfluidics and engineering.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- As a strong technical contributor, you will drive projects for preparation and characterization of high-quality single cell and nuclei suspensions from a variety of tissue types
- You will develop quantitative assays for cell quality, using microscope, plate reader, FACS, etc.
- You do not need significant next generation sequencing (NGS) experience, but you are responsible for quickly learning and mastering our NGS product workflows, and becoming conversant in NGS data analysis
- You will work on cross-disciplinary teams – You will collaborate and assist in identifying signs of poor cell quality in single-cell genomic datasets, and you will be responsible for developing and validating optimized sample preparation protocols that yield fundamental improvements in data quality
- You will plan and perform systematic protocol optimization by modeling, identification of critical steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- You will follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks