Imagion Biosystems, Inc. is looking for a motivated and experienced scientist to join our growing research and development team. This position will support a dynamic team focused on enhancing the functionality and in vitro/in vivo performance of the company’s superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle technology platform. The scientist will establish and validate methods and protocols to modify and characterize bio-functionalized nanoparticles including polymer coating and subsequent conjugation of biological materials onto the nanoparticles. Additionally, this person will support Imagion Biosystems’ customers and external collaborators and report on research activities through oral presentations and written reports and data summaries. The ideal candidate will be creative, self-directed, deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in an interdisciplinary team environment.
The Nanoparticle chemist/biologist will be required to:
- Contribute to the development of surface modification and functionalization strategies for the Company’s iron oxide nanoparticles using polymer, antibodies and other targeting ligands.
- Undertake the development of new antibody and protein conjugation procedures.
- Independent operation and analysis of data obtained on a variety of analytical instrumentation such as UV/Vis spectrometer, HPLC, dynamic light scattering, thermogravimetric analysis, ELISA, gel electrophoresis, etc.
- Translate research scale production to scale up process development of conjugation process
- Working with existing team members under the leadership of R&D in a laboratory environment.
- Communicating results directly to R&D team through processed data tables as well as written and oral reports.
- Delivery of oral presentations to internal colleagues as well as external collaborators and customers.
- Upkeep and review of laboratory notebooks.
- Maintenance of lab equipment and reagents.