Pacific Biosciences seeks a Scientist / Senior Scientist position candidate with strong industrial molecular biology and instrumentation background to join our applications team. The successful candidate will be responsible for methods development and execution of pilot projects. The position primarily involves hands-on laboratory work in designing, developing and optimizing application workflows for single molecule sequencing. The scientist will be working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with both internal and external scientists and field application specialists.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and optimize DNA sequencing workflows for single molecule sequencing
- Work closely with Bioinformaticians and R/D to develop end to end solutions
- Running the Sequel and Sequel II instruments
- Knowledge transfer of methodologies to field and support organizations
- Presentations to commercial and R/D teams
- Provide application training to technical experts including Field Applications Scientists and Technical Support
- Support development of technical documentation and training materials
- Generate sales collateral materials through white papers, application notes and method papers
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.