Scientist – Proteomics and Protein Expression
Competitive Tax-free Salary
KAUST is an international graduate-level, merit-based research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through innovative and collaborative research and addressing challenges of regional and global significance. Based near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty and staff from all over the world, especially from countries such as USA, Germany, China, the UK, Australia, Japan, and Italy. This high diversity is also reflected by the student body, with more than 80 nations represented on campus.
We are currently seeking a Proteomics and Protein expression Scientist at the Bioscience and Bioengineering Core Facility which covers proteomics, protein expression, cell sorting, next generation sequencing and functional genomics.
- Work in a team of scientists to conduct both routine and custom research-grade analyses
- Work with experience in protein sample preparation, gel electrophoresis, LC-MS/MS and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, and other techniques.
- Experience in analysis of post-translational modifications and quantitative proteomics
- Provide consultation to scientists and faculty members as well as student training
- Retrieve and compile data. Work in close collaboration with bioinformaticians for data infrastructure and data management.
- Exhibit the highest degree of reliability and accuracy to assure quality results
- Stay-up-to-date with newest technologies
- Collaborate efficiently with other groups internally and externally to set up new projects on a high scientific level
- Expansion of knowledge to other technologies or scientific challenges as well as new project opportunities
- A PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry, environmental science or a related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in biology, biochemistry or related areas
- The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieving highest quality analytical results
- Preferably: Experience with protein extraction, identification and quantification
Located on the beautiful Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia, KAUST sets exceptional standards in residences, recreational facilities and boasts a truly multicultural environment which can be enjoyed by all. Life on the Campus provides ample opportunities and time to keep work and life in harmony – from vacations and holidays to an inviting campus community on the shores of the Red Sea, with all the seaside amenities and recreation facilities of a fine resort. Expats are very well looked after, with packages including tax-free salary, relocation, accommodation and various additional incentives.
To apply, visit the KAUST website at http://apptrkr.com/655716 . All applications must be submitted through this site for consideration.