Vector Laboratories, an established life science reagent provider, is seeking an experienced Product Development Scientist to join our dynamic R&D team. The Product Development Scientist has the overall responsibility for reagent and product development following design control guidelines. The Scientist’s primary function is to design and execute experimental protocols; collect and interpret data and draft and present reports. The position will participate on cross-functional design teams and interact with end users in the staining and detection field to generate, evaluate and develop product ideas as well as prepare and present talks and posters at scientific conferences. The ideal candidate will have experience in immunohistochemistry or immuno assay development.
Essential Job Functions
- Contribute to the innovation of new products and applications
- Develop new products and manufacturing and QC procedures according to standardized practices
- Independently design and perform targeted experiments and interpret experimental results
- Ensure proper Design Control procedures and documentation requirements are met
- Contribute to a collaborative environment that fosters efficient and effective work habits
- Keep current with emerging techniques and applications through review of scientific literature and conference attendance
- Draft formal documents and presentations
- Train and guide junior staff
- In collaboration with Marketing, travel to customer sites, conferences and trade shows to collect voice of customer information
Essential Job Requirements
- PhD degree in Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or other Life Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.