The Scientist, Oncology Knowledgebase will serve as a scientific curator of narratives for various genetic alterations and building the Cancer Knowledge Base at Sema4. The candidate should display a strong understanding of signaling pathways involved in cancer biology. He/she must also demonstrate excellent writing skills and proficiency in communicating scientific findings. Our Scientist, he/she should be able to identify significant findings on specific genetic alterations and associated therapeutics, prognostics, and diagnostics by sifting through large amounts of literature, in a timely manner. The Senior Scientist will be a member of a strong team of excellent scientists and will play an integral role in providing physicians with the most current information on patient alterations.
- Have a broad and deep understanding of signaling pathways in cancer, as well as current cancer therapeutics.
- Quickly adapt to a new field of knowledge.
- Provide on-the-fly curation of specific alterations as patient samples come through Sema4.
- Assist in building tools to support the curation of cancer alteration narratives.
- Maintain knowledge of cancer biology, cancer medicine, clinical trials, and personalized cancer care.
- Serve as an expert in specific solid cancer types as indicated by Director of Cancer Knowledge Base.