Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower researchers whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables researchers to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist, Mammalian Cell Biology, which can be located in either Pleasanton, CA or Boulder, CO.
As a Scientist in the Mammalian Cell Biology group you will be part of a diverse team focused on advancing the development of Inscripta’s cell engineering platform. The ideal candidate will develop CRISPR-based screening strategies to modulate gene expression in human primary cells and optimize genome engineering tools. In this role, you will be a leader in bringing new and innovative technologies and processes to market and will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on experiments from a world class team of Engineers, Biologists, and Computer Scientists.
- Apply genome-wide CRISPR-based screening strategies in arrayed, pooled, and/or single-cell formats to interrogate cellular processes in primary human cells
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to advance Inscripta’s mammalian cell engineering program
- Build assays that allow the genetic, phenotypic, and functional characterization of engineered mammalian iPSCs, primary immune cells, and/or other cell types
- Develop and optimize protocols for high-throughput engineering of primary human cell types
- Identify innovative solutions to solve key scientific challenges required for program success
- Drive effective communication and collaboration within a multidisciplinary team to advance program objectives
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures related to biosafety
- Demonstrate integrity, positivity, and a team-oriented attitude and motivate others to do the same