Job Title: Scientist IVReports to: CSO / Head of R&DFLSA Class: Exempt Introduction to Job Post:TBUSA is looking for a highly energetic, collaborative, independent thinker and self-starting senior scientist to take the lead in the early assessment and development of new technologies across the business, acting as a key influencer in defining the strategic direction of the company. In this role, the successful candidate will report to the CSO and will be expected to independently propose and develop, through hands-on experimental work, novel technologies of high commercial value in collaboration with other senior members of the R&D team. A passion for hands-on work and a strong background in molecular biology with demonstrated ability to develop and implement novel ideas into practical commercial solutions will be critical for success in this role. The Scientist IV role is office-based. Approximately 5% travel, including overnight, may be required. Essential Functions:
- Closely monitors new developments in the life sciences and identifies new product development opportunities.
- Creates new approaches to solve major technical and experimental hurdles in newly developing life science areas.
- Grow the intellectual property portfolio of the company as an individual contributor.
- Proactively developing new strategic directions for product development by being the key influencer to senior management across the business.
- Maintains and expands an external network of key research collaborators and scientific advisors in the academic/industrial community.
- This position may supervise Research Associates.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- Requires a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology / Biochemistry and a minimum of 10 years’ experience within a commercial environment developing research reagent products.
- Must be adept at grasping scientific principles and concepts beyond specific area of training.
- Must have demonstrated consistent success in initiating and developing financially successful products.
- Exceptional experimental design capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of the biomedical research industry.
- Good knowledge of U.S. intellectual property laws of and licensing contract structure and terms.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Proven track record of creating intellectual properties.
AAP/EEO Statement:Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Disclaimer:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.