Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
We are looking for a talented Scientist to be a key member of our Infinium Arrays and Applications team, within the Department of Applied Genomics. This position will contribute towards Infinium Arrays content management, support development of commercial and custom arrays, and day to day operations. Working with process owners and stakeholders, this person will initiate and drive projects to meet Illumina standards and customer commitments.
All About You
- Work closely with key stake holders in Marketing, Manufacturing, Operations and Planning to provide end to end support for Infinium Genotyping and Methylation arrays.
- Project management skill sets in supporting small – mid size projects within departments.
- Demonstrate ability to overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment and lead root cause investigations for failures.
- Execute wet lab experiments to address project needs for both Genotyping and Methylation projects (less than 30% of time).
- Perform data analysis using Illumina proprietary software and other analytical software (JMP/Mini-tab and Excel) as needed.
- Ability to present data analysis results in large group settings, and present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and manager.
- Ability to provide recommendations based on technical results and propose risk mitigation strategies to team.
- Supervisory experience (managing direct reports, performing annual reviews, set goals and other activities). Experience in mentoring and teaching others is beneficial for this role.
- Support business unit/department goals and align with strategic objectives and embrace change.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to drive decisions and solutions as well as deliver array products for market release.
- Supervisory experience is highly desired.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Documentation skill sets in reviewing SOPs, work instructions and verification and validation report writing.
- Familiarity with Genotyping and/or methylation concepts are required.
- PMP certification/Six Sigma is a plus.
- Familiarity with SAP ERP is a plus.
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook for job.
The ideal candidate will have a BS/MS in Biology or Chemistry with 8-10 years of experience or Ph.D. degree in Biology, Chemistry and 0-2 years of experience in biotech industry.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf