The Genetic Testing Solutions group is a team of passionate individuals who are deeply committed to making the world healthier through development of molecular assays. This role will be part of team developing products for both research and clinical applications on Thermo Fisher Scientific sample-to-answer platforms.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated IVD scientist to work in a fast-paced environment and develop diagnostics at the cutting edge of technology and medicine. The successful candidate will incorporate IVD and molecular biology experience to develop robust and innovative diagnostics that make an impact on world health. This position will be an integral part of advancing genetic analysis in the clinical market.
Job responsibilities include:
- Participates in IVD development, from proof of concept to validation, regulatory submission and launch
- This is a hands on bench scientist position that involves both proof of concept testing and rigorous validation
- Collaborates across functions, eg. software, product mgmt., QARA etc.
- Ensures products are adequately developed to enable smooth Design Transfer
- Actively participates as a member of cross-functional product development teams
- Performs high quality science and data-driven decision making, with a foundation in statistical analysis, DOE, and six sigma methods
- Ensures DHFs and technical files meet applicable standards. Documentation under design control to ensure quality product development.
- Drives continuous process improvement
- Ensures projects meet timelines; identifies and removes roadblocks to team success