Scientist III, Applications
Requisition ID: 118424BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
US - South San Francisco, CA
BioProduction Division: Pharmaceutical Analytics and Purification
How will you make an impact?
This role will be dedicated to developing assays for the Pharma Analytics business, part of the BioProduction division / Life Sciences Solutions Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to work in a fast-paced environment and develop assays at the cutting edge of pharmaceutical biologics.
The ideal candidate will be a true team player who is passionate about delivering simple, effective, customer-focused products. The successful candidate will lead efforts to ensure that our applications truly delight customers. They will incorporate molecular biology and user-centric product design experience to develop robust, innovative assays for biologics safety testing, including testing gene therapy, monoclonal antibody, and cell therapy products. This position will also function in leading partnerships and collaborations with renowned investigators at research institutions, regulatory and standards organizations, industry, and pharma worldwide.
What will you do?
- Works extensively with customers, sales, FAS, and Product Management to learn customer needs, and develops product requirements using the right technologies to meet those needs
- Drives deep collaboration with internal and external customers during product inception, early prototyping, development and commercialization phases.
- Performs benchmarking studies for customer-facing materials and for competitive analysis
- Leads innovation value stream initiatives
- Plays major role in generating detailed customer requirements and verifiable product requirements documents. Understands the requirements of the end-user and provides feedback regarding process or system improvements accordingly.
- Generates Technical Assessments and Competitive Landscape analyses, and makes technology recommendations as well as make/buy/license recommendations
This is a lab based role: Develops pilot products based on current advanced technologies, and utilizes extensive internal feasibility testing as well as feasibility feedback from customers to drive product requirements. Responsible for regular communication of project status to senior management. Responsible for accuracy of project status reports, including detailed risk assessments, mitigations and stop conditions.
Leads customer pilot product testing and early access testing programs to obtain feedback to feed into our product development process
Collaborates with molecular biologists, chemists, bioinformaticians, engineers, product managers, customer support, internal cross functional core teams and external scientists
Leads preparation of data/posters etc for publication or presentation at scientific meetings or to customers
Represents the company at scientific meetings, gives talks and presents posters
Some travel may be required to visit customers, collaborators, and attend conferences
Provide training to customers and field teams on new products