795 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139
Cambridge, MA, MA 02139
competitive benefist package
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with significant unmet needs. Working together, we blend the best of our talents to deliver thoughtful solutions that patients value. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
Reporting to the Principal Scientist, The Scientist III will be responsible for the support of HTS and MTS cellular, biochemical, and biophysical assay execution in support of targeted protein degradation. This position will also oversee and support implementation of best practices for lab automation and small scale compound screen efforts.
You will contribute by:
- Executing and improving existing and novel cell based and biochemical assay format.
- Developing and executing lab automation (liquid handlers, robotics, etc) protocols in supporting senior researchers.
- Generating high quality screening data and interfacing with data engineers and scientists for curation and interpretation of results
- Bachelor’s degree-Biology or Biochemistry degree
- Minimum of 2 years in high throughput assay development and/or execution
- Minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience in an early discovery environment.
- 3 or more years’ experience in an pharma assay development or early stage discovery/screening environment
- Experience in implementation and troubleshooting of laboratory automation protocols using complex liquid handling and robotics instrumentation
- Experience with HTS or MTS screening in a production environment
How to Apply
About Our Organization
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a simple question: How will this create value for people living with severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees worldwide operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases. We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a real understanding of patient’s needs and can deliver thoughtful solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.