Asuragen is seeking an outstanding scientist who can work independently and as part of a team to develop innovative technologies and advance molecular assays for the preservation, isolation, and quantification of nucleic acid biomarkers. This high-impact position will help expand Asuragen’s molecular diagnostics portfolio that currently influences over 15 million patient management decisions each year.
The Scientist position requires strong problem solving abilities, high levels of technical proficiency, excellent oral and written communication, and a collaborative mindset. Scientists contribute to project-based teams within Asuragen Research to develop and optimize sample-to-answer workflows for nucleic acid-based tests. This specific role will support several technology initiatives that span from the development of improvements to existing products to the cultivation of novel high-impact technologies. Successful candidates will join a fast-growing company of more than 100 employees focused on enhancing patient care through the development of multiplexed diagnostic assays for several disease areas.
- A B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. degree in biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering, or related field
- A track record of consistent productivity and creativity in multiple work environments
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, to advance team goals
- Proactively identifies solutions that support project objectives
- Recommends alterations to project plans based on technical results
- Provides high-level data analysis and communicates these results to others
- Proficiency with different RNA/DNA isolation methods, real-time PCR, ddPCR, multiplex PCR and/or next-generation sequencing and mutation analysis
- Excellent oral presentation and writing skills
- A desire to contribute to improving patient care through diagnostic technologies, particularly in genetics and oncology