Job Title: Scientist II
Reports to: Group Leader
FLSA Class: Exempt
Introduction to Job Post:
Takara Bio USA is looking for a highly skilled, creative, and self-motivated individual with experience optimizing protocols for next generation sequencing libraries to join our talented team of R&D scientists working on the ICELL8 Single-Cell Systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of research and development from initial proof of concept through product launch, working both independently and with other colleagues in R&D, Engineering, Marketing and Manufacturing.
The Scientist II role is office-based.
Travel, including overnight, may be required approximately 5%.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts experiments at the bench of one or more projects, exhibiting good experimental design, data summary and interpretation, and clear report preparation – may have assistance in this from a research associate.
- Works closely and independently, through regular communication, with Product Managers to understand market trends and competition relevant to products worked on.
- Proposes new products for development based on this analysis and works independently with Product Managers to design appropriate specifications and estimate revenue.
- Develops and launches new products according to approved proposals and within stated deadlines.
- Builds collaborations with external researchers.
- Serves as resource to R&D and other departments within the organization, including Product Management, Planning, QC, and Product Transfer.
- Represents R&D at scientific meetings in front of customers and/or collaborators, including presenting seminars on TBUSA products they have developed.
- Serves to support Sales and Technical Support representatives on technical matters.