A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. Under the umbrella of the Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR), the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF) located in San Diego, California, has the support of a broad collaboration with the entire Novartis research organization, while maintaining the independence to initiate and drive independent research programs.
The Drug Discovery Biology group at GNF is seeking a highly motivated and result-driven individual to join the Beige/Brown fat regenerative medicine team to explore the cross-talk between cells of the immune system and regulation of host metabolism. The candidate must be highly dedicated about exploring the new and emerging field of ImmunoMetabolism, to identify novel immune cell-mediated mechanisms that increase energy expenditure and translate such knowledge into therapeutic applications. The candidate will spend tremendous amount of time establishing new in vitro and in vivo models that are amenable to high-throughput screens and target validation. The group provides substantial opportunities for professional growth, including contribution to both drug discovery programs as well as scientific publications.
Basic qualifications for this position include:
- Extensive experience in isolation and characterization of immune cell types such as, macrophages, Eosinophils, T cells, NKT cells and Innate lymphoid cells (required)
- Experience with mouse models and animal handling including IV/IP/SC injections (preferred)
- Thorough familiarity with standard molecular biology techniques, including PCR/qPCR, western blotting, molecular cloning, and ELISA
- Design, develop, characterize, implement and validate relevant in vitro cell-based assays for identifying drug candidates.
- Document, analyze and interpret experiments for the evaluation of drug candidates
- Present results within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve project goal EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- BS/MS in life sciences discipline with at least 4-6 years of academic or industry laboratory experience in a related field (i.e. Immunology, regenerative medicine)
- Rigorous attention to detail, strong multitasking ability, excellent record-keeping practices, and outstanding communication skills
- Flexibility to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment