Job Title: Scientist I
Reports to: Group Leader
FLSA Class: Exempt
Introduction to Job Post:
Takara Bio USA is looking for a creative, and self-motivated individual with experience in next generation sequencing to join our talented team of R&D scientists developing clinical products and applications. The This role reports to a Group Leader and works primarily in the lab conducting experiments to move projects through all stages of research and development from initial proof of concept through product launch and application development, working with other colleagues in R&D, Engineering, Marketing and Operations. Experience in immunology and knowledge about design and quality controls for clinical products is highly desired.
The Scientist I role is office-based.
Approximately 5% travel, including overnight, may be required.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts experiments at the bench for one or more projects, exhibiting good experimental design, data summary and interpretation, and clear report preparation.
- Works ensure projects are completed according to specifications and within set deadlines under guidance from senior scientists and Product Managers.
- Draft SOPs, user manuals, technical notes and other related technical documents with assistance from senior scientists, Marketing and Operations teams.
- Identifies potential new products for development based on assessment of customer demand, market trends, and competitor analysis with help from Product Managers and more senior researchers in the group.
- Serves as a resource to R&D and other departments within the organization, including Product Management and Operations – especially during product development and launch.
- May represent R&D at scientific meetings or in front of customers – typically by presenting posters.
- Support Sales and Technical Support representatives on technical matters.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- Typically requires a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or Immunology or a relevant scientific discipline with 2-5 years of postdoctoral and/or industrial experience.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts with specialized skills in NGS and other molecular technologies, not simply knowledge of techniques (e.g., nucleic acid extraction; methylation/epigenetics; sequencing).
- Knowledgeable in Immune Profiling, (e.g., immune-biomarkers; immune-response; techniques) is highly desired.
- Strong interest in technology development and translating scientific ideas and products into clinical applications.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative personality with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.