Job ID: 10708
At Affymetrix, we are passionate about enabling our customers, scientists, and clinicians to improve human health and wellness by understanding and applying biology for a better world. Our employees bring talent, creativity, collaboration, and energy to what they do. Join us at Affymetrix and make a difference.
Scientist, Hybridoma Process Development
We are seeking a highly motivated Process Development Scientist (Hybridoma). The successful candidate will be responsible for the scale up, maintenance, and troubleshooting hybdridoma cell lines as well as the expression of target proteins in different systems. Previous direct experience in antibody development and characterization is required. Knowledge skills in antibody purification, conjugation, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, and ELISA-based assays are essential.
The ideal candidate will document the process development activities and tech transfer protocols. Facilitate the technology transfer to downstream Manufacturing group and provide training and support to the Manufacturing department. Experience with process automation is highly desirable. The hybridoma scientist will work closely with fellow group members to ensure efficient and coordinated efforts, and timely delivery of projects.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in hybridoma development and scale up processes and possess in-depth knowledge on the theory and application of hybridoma cloning and characterization techniques and the accompanying instrumentation.
- Design and execute experimental studies based on the deliverables. Ability to analyze and summarize the data and provide complete documentation
- The candidate will be expected to effectively interact with members of numerous project teams and present experimental results at team meetings and seminars.
- Development and optimization of techniques for protein expression.
- Cross train with upstream group and other groups as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.