Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist located in Pleasanton, CA.
As a Scientist in the Enzyme Engineering group at Inscripta, you will be part of a diverse team of molecular biologists and biochemists responsible for discovering and improving the genome editing enzymes at the heart of Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platforms. Inscripta leverages high throughput biology and directed evolution approaches to develop these enzyme systems. The ideal candidate will have experience with synthetic biology and molecular biology with a focus on high-throughput and automation driven approaches for generating and testing diverse protein libraries.
- Use molecular biology software tools to design protein variant libraries for high-throughput screening
- Work closely with automation engineers to develop and run automated protocols for library construction
- Perform quality control to ensure protein variant library quality meets required specifications
- Use high-throughput DNA assembly and cloning approaches to generate large numbers of vectors for testing in cell lines
- Develop and run NGS based assays to characterize performance of various genomic DNA editing systems