As a member of the R&D Diagnostics Development team, the Scientist will plan and execute projects for assay development, utilizing next-generation sequencing and mass spectrometry. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of biochemistry, molecular biology, instrumentation and previous experience with the development and optimization of nucleic acid detection assays. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic R&D team and have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology.
• Design assays and experiments, execute experimental protocols, and analyze data for qualitative and quantitative review
• Leverage cutting edge technologies to develop high quality laboratory developed tests.
• Utilize molecular biology techniques in the manipulation of nucleic acids for the creation and optimization of novel diagnostic assays
• Create design input requirements for assays
• Design appropriate model systems for proof-of-concept and validation studies
• Perform data analysis with graphical representations of findings using appropriate software (R, Excel, JMP)
• Document all work in the form of laboratory notebook, study reports, and summary reports
• Present data clearly and concisely at departmental meetings
• Participate and present findings at conferences
• Publish scientifically relevant data in peer reviewed journals
Create and optimize liquid handling protocols to streamline and standardize assay performance
• Participate in the development of patent applications, if applicable