As a member of the Clinical Diagnostics Development team, the Scientist will plan and execute development projects leading to Laboratory Developed Tests utilizing next-generation sequencing and mass spectrometry. The ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge of biochemistry and molecular biology with experience in generating and optimizing nucleic acid detection assays. Previous experience performing statistical data analysis with R or JMP is preferred. Please note, this is a Development role and not with the R&D department.
- Design, develop and optimize diagnostic assays, execute experimental protocols, and process data for quantitative review.
- Develop and transfer laboratory methods to a production environment.
- Participate in verification studies in support of laboratory developed tests.
- Utilize cutting edge technologies to develop high quality laboratory developed tests.
- Perform data analysis with graphical representations of findings using appropriate software (R, JMP, Excel).
- Create appropriate model systems for proof-of-concept, feasibility, and validation studies.
- Document all work in the form of laboratory notebook, study reports and summary reports.
- Present data clearly and concisely at departmental meetings and project meetings.
- Participate and present findings at conferences.
- Publish scientifically relevant data in peer reviewed journals.
- Participate in development of patent applications, if applicable.