Abbvie has an opening for a Scientist I, Cell Line Development, within the Process Sciences Group at our Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. We have an exciting opportunity for the development of cell lines using automated platforms, and molecular characterization of cell lines for commercial manufacturing of therapeutic proteins.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Develop cell lines for cGMP biologic therapeutics for late stage clinical projects and commercial biologics.
• Serve on Process Sciences teams, defining and documenting production methods. Partner with process sciences teams to assure successful transition of projects between functional groups.
• Develop CHO cell lines for production of biologic therapeutics using automated platforms for clone screening and management.
• Skilled in cell biology techniques including cell line development and protein expression analysis using western techniques, ELISA and Octet. Experience with cell counting, cell imaging and FACS sorting.
• Emphasis on molecular biology techniques including, vector construction, transfection, southern blot, primer design, RNA/DNA isolation, RT PCR, sequence analysis, genetic analysis, and methods for verification of cell line identity and clonality.
• Ability to establish, monitor and evaluate molecular biology projects with third party vendors.
• Independently plan experiments, analyze data and report findings at early and late stage Project Team meetings.
• Continuous improvement of methodologies including evaluation and implementation of third party technologies.
• Authorship of documents in support of regulatory filings.
• BS in Biological Science with 5+ years of industry experience or MS and 3+ years of experience.
• Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments and to determine next steps based on outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and monitor quality of contract organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to implement and master new experimental techniques and instrumentation. Ability to multitask across projects while keeping deliverables within timelines.
• Demonstrated scientific writing and verbal communication skills.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
• Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
• Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change the course quickly where indicated.
• Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
• Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
• Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.