Seattle Genetics is a global multi-product biotechnology company that develops and commercializes innovative targeted therapies for the treatment of cancer. The company’s industry-leading antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology harnesses the targeting ability of antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. In addition to two marketed products, we are advancing a strong product pipeline of novel therapies for solid tumors and blood-related cancers designed to address significant unmet medical needs and improve treatment outcomes for patients.
Seattle Genetics is seeking a highly motivated systems-minded cell/cancer biologist with advanced genomics expertise to collaborate with our state of the art proteomics capabilities to develop hypotheses that enable the development and characterization of novel antibody-based therapeutics utilizing our industry-leading Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) technology. The successful candidate will independently design, conduct, and interpret experiments utilizing a diverse array of techniques aimed at identifying tumor-selective features that guide therapeutic design and identify and utilize the appropriate preclinical models for therapeutic design validation. The biological complexity of a tumor and the multiple mechanism of action employed by our ADCs requires a systems biology approach and a successful candidate for this position will have experience using advanced omics techniques to deconvolute complex biological systems. Standard methodologies will include advanced genomic techniques, high-throughput functional profiling, cell-based assay development, and general cell biology and biochemical techniques. In addition to excellent laboratory skills, coding and computational competency is important. The successful candidate will independently prepare for and present their results at departmental and integrated project team meetings.
- Ph.D. or B.S/M.S and 10+/8+ years of experience in cell/cancer biology with an omics/systems biology focus and a proven track record of peer reviewed publications (first authorship required and middle authorships are a plus).
- Expertise in one or more of the following: advanced genomic techniques including single cell RNAseq, informatics/genomic data analysis, high-throughput experimentation, identification and validation of oncology targets, and elucidating signal transduction mechanisms
- Experience with biologics or antibody therapeutics is a plus
- Experience in discovering predictive biomarkers is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- The candidate will be a creative, vocal, and enthusiastic scientist able to think and work independently, with a strong collaborative spirit
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.