Job Responsibilities/Department Description
We seek an experienced bioinformatics scientist / computational biologist to join a dynamic Translational Medicine bioinformatics group dedicated to the development of cancer therapeutics.
As an integrated part of a Translational Medicine and Discovery Teams, you will
- Develop analysis and quality control pipelines for a variety of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) applications such as DNA-seq, ChIP-seq, and RNA-seq.
- Implement NGS pipelines on High performance computing (HPC) / Cloud computing environments.
- Develop novel statistical methods for indel, SNP, genotype, fusion and complex variant calling on a variety of internal and external sequencing platforms (454, SOLID, Illumina, PacBIO, etc.)
- Work with a group of developers and analysts in executing the NGS strategy
- Supply any computational, statistical, machine learning or modeling capability needed to synthesize data into the actionable next steps for Projects
- Develop Translational Medicine plans (e.g., patient selection and indication biomarkers) in collaboration with Project teams