Why is one person more likely to develop a disease—like cancer, diabetes or Parkinson’s—than someone else? Why would one person respond differently to treatment than another? What is the most effective treatment for each patient? Illumina’s technologies are helping researchers and clinicians around the world to answer these questions and others, on a scale not even possible a few years ago.
Illumina develops tools for the discovery of genetic variation and the analysis of its biological significance. We have developed assays for applications including sequencing, whole genome genotyping, gene expression, methylation, and copy number variation. We are seeking an exceptional individual to contribute to innovative methods which transform sequencing results into discoveries and clinical insight to improve patient care. Your responsibilities may include:
• Design statistical and machine-learning models for variant calling and interpretation
• High performance software/algorithm design and prototyping
• Analysis of error modes and actionable patterns in large scale data sets
• Analysis and modeling to support new assay development
• Participation in sequencing analysis/methods development communities