Location: Cambridge MA
Job Code 14BI.001
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately held, uniquely structured oncology discovery enterprise. H3 aims to produce novel cancer therapeutics using a Patient to Patient Strategy aiming to exploit changes in the cancer genome of patients. Our highly integrated multidisciplinary scientific teams apply their expertise in cancer genomics, target validation, assay development, compound production and compound optimization, to advance a selected target through focused proof of concept milestones that ultimately demonstrate cancer dependency to the target in genetically defined cancer patient populations.
Bioinformatics is a fundamentally important core discipline and integral part of H3 Biomedicine. The team plays key role in leveraging internal and external cancer genomics and pharmacogenomics data for developing new breakthrough oncology drugs. The team’s main responsibility is to mine scientific data to form well-articulated hypothesis to impact our drug discovery process from target identification to translational science. The team is also responsible for the development and maintenance of bioinformatics core infrastructure and analytical pipelines.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with diverse backgrounds to join our bioinformatics team. The ideal candidate should have solid scientific training in one of the relevant disciplines and is delivery oriented with a focus on real world impact. The candidate should also be a quick learner, extremely flexible and able to adapt to needs and new scientific advancements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the identification and validation of novel cancer targets leveraging public and proprietary cancer genomics and genetics data and work closely with target validation team.
• Represent bioinformatics discipline in drug discovery project team to provide broad range of support to ensure best use of all relevant data impacting project decisions:
o Proactively identify opportunities and propose informatics solutions.
o Independently carry out informatics analysis.
o Summarize and present scientific results with clear conclusions and recommendations.
• Contribute to the development of innovative data management/integration and information intelligence solutions:
o Act as bridge between end users and developers to clarify and define system requirement.
o Provide bioinformatics support to ensure data quality and usability.
o Conduct data mining to extract maximal value out of information system.
• Maintain expertise in state-of-the-art bioinformatics methods.
o Proactively communicate to supervisor and key stakeholders of activities and status.
o Generate patent, technical documents, external publications and presentation.
• Must be able to multi-task.