· Responsible to early research projects for the feasibility of prototype to be transferred to IVD assay development group.
· Analyze data, perform trouble shooting for issues during feasibility and development stages.
· Technically gate for test protocols / strategies for feasibility and development tests to ensure project developed in the most productive way.
· Ensure integration of hardware, software and chemistry for automated workflow is properly and timely done before entering development phase.
· Ensure all the research activities which lead to development work to meet FDA QSR and ISO 13485 requirements.
· Work closely with scientists, product managers, Bioinformatics and engineers in Vela's R&D department in Singapore.
· Ensure the assays developed in R&D are manufacturable, cost effective and user friendly.
· Patent filing and IP management.
· Prepare publications.