This position is for a customer and field facing Applications support person who will be based in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters with occasional travel to assist field applications scientists or to perform trainings.
PacBio has introduced a platform for single molecule, real-time detection of biological events designed to transform the future of medicine, basic science, agriculture and bio-fuels. Our mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes, and interprets data from living systems through innovative tools for biological research.
We are building a multi-disciplinary team to establish a world-class Technical Support organization to support our field-based teams and customers. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment.
- Participate as a key member of a diverse group of Technical Support Scientists and Engineers.
- Assist customers with Experimental Design, Molecular Biology, and Sample Preparation questions or complaints in a timely manner. Issues can be received via phone, email, and the Web.
- Triage and dispatch issues requiring field support to Field Applications Scientists and Engineers.
- Log and manage case details using Salesforce CRM.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of a troubleshooting guide to capture lessons learned and solutions to cases.
- Represent our Customers, the Field and Technical Support Teams on Core teams in the development and delivery of new systems, software, and consumables.