All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
We are looking for driven, talented scientists to join our growing Life Cycle Management (LCM) group. The LCM group works as an integral part of our Consumables Development process and is tasked with increasing the robustness and manufacturability of novel clinical/diagnostic consumable products.
Individuals in these roles will provide technical leadership to new product introduction, process/material characterization and improvement, and validation efforts. Additionally, these teams will partner cross-functionally with R & D, Quality, and Engineering groups to develop validated processes for new products.
- Create or identify innovative and informative ways to characterize reagents, enzymes, and processes
- Optimize manufacturing conditions to achieve new levels of commercial stability, robustness and performance
- Design functional and/or analytical assays that are predictive of customer-facing performance and leverage them in formulation development
- Further understanding of sequencing and library preparation biochemistries using biophysical and analytical methods for protein and small molecule characterization
- Design and execute experiments, analyze and present data demonstrating feasibility of new methodologies
- Conduct clear and concise communication cross-functionally with colleagues and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings
- Engage in collaborative research, work routinely with cross-function teams
- Define and establish process requirements (instruments; personnel; training, documentation, software; etc.)
- Support the validation efforts for processes used to manufacture clinical/diagnostic products
- Provide technical leadership to support product and process development (including design, development, analysis, troubleshooting, etc.)
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable
- Advanced problem solving and reasoning skills required
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize activities
- Strong background in analytical characterization of enzymes, oligonucleotides, small molecules, and/or mixtures of the above
- Experience with chemical or biomolecular processes preferred
- Expertise with at least several of the following techniques: HPLC, SEC, CE, GC, GC-MS, LC-MS, MALDI-TOF, SDS-PAGE, IEF
- Experience in a Regulated and/or GMP environment is a plus
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Expertise with next-generation sequencing platforms a plus
Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field with 3-5 years of related industry experience
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.