Illumina is the only life sciences company developing genome-wide technologies for genotyping, gene expression and sequencing—the three cornerstones of modern genetic analysis. By enabling studies of thousands of patient samples at once, our products set genetic discovery on fast forward. And we’re just getting started.
As a Scientist at Illumina in Reagents and Consumables Product Development you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help create genomic analysis tools used in the leading edge of research. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to create cutting edge and robust new products and assays for the next generation sequencing platforms offered by Illumina. You will participate in the development of high-throughput assays and processes, optimize assays biochemistry and summarize progress. The person in this role will troubleshoot the process in the middle between input and output of the cartridge, i.e. buffers, chemistry, PCR condition, enzymes degradation, etc.
- Develop new products in fast-paced product development environment. Identify, evaluate, plan, and optimize research ideas leading to new robust assays and chemistries for next generation sequencing based on Illumina’s proprietary technologies
- Explore new technologies and identify creative solutions to overcome current limitations
- Identify new opportunities for innovative products using the company’s core technologies
- Design, implement, analyze and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move products through pipeline
- Optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance
- Create scalable infrastructure to support release of developed products
- Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member. Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues (cross-functional) and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings