Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
We are looking for a scientist with experience in Chemistry, Nanotechnology or Materials Science to contribute to a team within Consumables Development. Experience could be industrial or academic and could include organic/polymer/bioorganic chemistry, particle/surface modification, functional materials, biomaterials, bio-conjugation chemistry, or novel/experimental drug delivery techniques. As a successful candidate you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to create genomic analysis consumable devices that enable leading-edge medical research. You will be a key contributor within integrated and multidisciplinary teams developing new, and improving existing nucleic acid sequencing and sample preparation technology platforms.
- Develop new and existing material systems and application methods for Illumina’s sequencing and sample preparation platforms
- Explore new reaction methodologies to expand the Illumina portfolio of sequencing and sample prep chemical transformations and isolation techniques
- Modify surfaces and/or particles toward making functional materials at the biochemistry, chemistry, and/or physics interface
- Perform in-depth analyses using techniques such as ellipsometry, DSC, TGA, FTIR, Raman, SEM, XPS, TOF-SIMS, AFM, high resolution spectroscopy and microscopy to characterize dimensions at the interface between Illumina’s surface chemistry and substrate materials
- Teach methods developed to other scientists, engineers, research associates, of a range of experience and education levels
- Work collaboratively with chemists, biochemists and bioinformaticians, developing new components for DNA analysis platforms
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results