10x Genomics is seeking a Scientific Writer with a background or interest in genomics, genetics, bioinformatics or application of next-generation sequencing. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, scientific writing experience, and an interest in developing the future of genomics.
The Scientific Writer is part of the Marketing Team at 10x Genomics, and assists in all aspects of the publication cycle by leading an interdepartmental 10x Publications Team in the execution of the Publication Plan. The Scientific Writer will oversee the execution of scientific publications (ie, scientific manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) that fulfill strategic and scientific communications objectives, and will ensure that the Publication Plan is executed in alignment with the strategic plan as developed by R&D, Scientific Applications, and Marketing teams as applicable. In partnership with the Application Team Leads, the The Scientific Writer will ensure that publication deadlines and acceptance objectives are met.
- Serve as project manager for each cross-functional publication team assigned to strategic publications on our roadmap, including team meetings/discussions for all key publications,
- Writing initial draft, revising and/or editing manuscripts; assisting with data analysis, developing key figures/illustrations, and incorporating input from key internal and external collaborators, as needed to ensure each publication is of high quality and meets key objectives,
- Lead tactical execution of publication plans (ie, manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) to ensure all planned assets meet established timelines and budgets,
- Provide assistance to internal and external authors through all steps of the publication cycle,
- Provide direction to external vendors to effectively complete the execution of publication projects, within specified timelines, and ensure quality publication deliverables,
- Ensure a high-quality and timely work product and adherence to best-practices in scientific and medical publication by promoting standard policies and procedures.
- Usher publications through scientific, regulatory, and legal review processes,
- Develop assets for publications and supporting communications, including scientific figures, illustrations, posters, presentations, editorials, etc. as needed to support strategic objectives.
- Address and resolve publications-related issues to ensure project information in publication records, conference proceedings and public resources is accurate and up-to-date.