Training is a core activity across EMBL-EBI, involving almost every part of the organisation and coordinated by a team of 28 people.The Training Team delivers a world-recognised programme that encompasses training delivered virtually and face-to-face to a global audience alongside self-paced online learning, up-skilling of trainers and secondments. Scientific Training Officers and Systems Administrators work with the Scientific Training Coordinator to produce and deliver scientific course content; Events Organisers work with the Events Manager to organise course logistics, and Project Managers work with the Head of Training to deliver innovative projects to build capacity and Infrastructure for Bioinformatics and Data science. The EMBL-EBI programme also sits under the umbrella of the EMBL International Advanced Training Centre (EICAT) where we work closely with colleagues across all EMBL sites to deliver an EMBL wide programme of events.Your roleThe main focus is on developing training courses and knowledge-exchange workshops to support developers and users of biomedical data services.
- Supporting the Training Coordinator to develop and deliver training courses, virtually, onsite at EMBL-EBI and at other locations worldwide. Development involves liaison with hosts and trainers to ensure that course programmes meet the needs of their target audiences. Delivery involves being present throughout the duration of these courses, which involves some work outside of normal office hours. Some of this work may be done in association with externally funded projects.
- Contributing to the collection and analysis of training statistics with other colleagues.
- Monitoring and responding to feedback from courses for the purposes of quality control.
- Developing training materials for virtual delivery, face to face teaching and online tutorials.
- Training on courses where appropriate in all formats.
- Assisting others to develop their training skills, both within and beyond EMBL-EBI.
- Working with events organisers to deliver training events and ensure that course information (including web pages) is kept up to date.