DuPont Pioneer, Inc. is the world leader in plant biotechnology, including the discovery, development and delivery of elite crop genetics. We are currently seeking a Scientific Software Analyst in Johnston, IA to lead projects for our Computational Genomics and Bioinformatics Systems group. The Scientific Software Analyst will lead projects aimed at delivering proprietary software and analytical solutions that support the DuPont Pioneer research organization. This position will collaborate with other teams to align infrastructure, architecture, and applications to support systems-level solutions for bioinformatics and computational biology.
The Scientific Software Analyst will work with software development teams, computational biologists, and research scientists to create and enhance software solutions for Pioneer’s R&D community. The successful candidate will work closely with product owners, research clients, and software architects to implement rich multitier web solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions; review user stories to determine technical dependencies, estimate relative effort required, and ensure consistency across applications.
The candidate will also research and identify patterns, use cases, and workflows that can drive the architecture of Pioneer's internal bioinformatics software tools and services. Communication and team work are key elements of this role; excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Work within a project team to define project scope, develop innovative solution strategies, set milestones and deliverables, establish and monitor success metrics, and identify and minimize risks.
- Prepare specifications from which bioinformatics systems are developed. Work with Solution Architects to ensure that business requirements are met through the design and development of software solutions.
- Communicate business value and impact of potential solutions to stakeholders, collaborators, and team; suggest and apply new tools, technologies, and methods.
- Understand and support genomic data concepts, data models, and data governance processes. Work with other teams to identify and address bioinformatics data integrity problems within and across systems.
- Collaborate with research partners to identify strategic optimizations to research processes, gather business requirements, and define solution acceptance criteria.