Scientific Lead, Genomics /Sequencing
Competitive Tax-free Salary
KAUST is an international graduate-level, merit-based research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through innovative and collaborative research and addressing challenges of regional and global significance. Based near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty and staff from all over the world, especially from countries such as USA, Germany, China, the UK, Australia, Japan, and Italy. This high diversity is also reflected by the student body, with more than 80 nations represented on campus.
We are currently seeking a Scientific Lead for the Genomics Group at the Bioscience and Bioengineering Core Facility. The Genomics Core Lab supports genetics and genomics research projects at KAUST and externally and is equipped with state-of-the-art platforms within NGS and qPCR and lab automation.
The Genomics Scientific Lead will be responsible for managing all team projects and presenting project results on an international level.
- Lead the genomics laboratory which is based on NGS, q-PCR, genotyping and nucleic acid extraction
- Recommend goals and objectives, and develop the laboratory
- Establish, monitor and complete execution of project plans together with scientists, technicians and others successfully
- Ensure release of excellent quality data for genetic and genomic research projects at KAUST and for external
- Establish and maintain an excellent level of quality in terms of procedures and documentation
- Development, implementation and assessment of new assays for NGS and other technologies
- Work in close collaboration with bioinformaticians for data infrastructure, data management, primary analysis and assay assessment
- Manage and direct the scientists and technical staff in terms of projects, motivation and personal development.
- Assignment of projects to the group members
- Stay-up-to-date with newest technologies
- Collaborate efficiently with other groups internally and externally to set up new projects on a high scientific level
- Expansion of knowledge to other technologies or scientific challenges as well as new project opportunities
- Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline
- High degree of technical competence, confidence and ability to interface with the scientific community at the highest level
- Expertise in development, optimization and implementation of NGA assays
- Extensive experience in molecular biology methods, with emphasis on Next Generation Sequencing
- Experience in protocol development and optimization of experiments
- Familiar with liquid-handling robotic automation and Laboratory Management Information Systems
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English – written and oral
- Willingness to travel internationally
Located on the beautiful Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia, KAUST sets exceptional standards in residences, recreational facilities and boasts a truly multicultural environment which can be enjoyed by all. Life on the Campus provides ample opportunities and time to keep work and life in harmony – from vacations and holidays to an inviting campus community on the shores of the Red Sea, with all the seaside amenities and recreation facilities of a fine resort. Expats are very well looked after, with packages including tax-free salary, relocation, accommodation and various additional incentives.
To apply, visit the KAUST website at http://apptrkr.com/673317 . All applications must be submitted through this site for consideration.