The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine is seeking a Scientific Data Analyst/Architect to design and implement data focused solutions in support of the laboratory scientific and research initiatives. This individual will be responsible for the design and implementation of logical and physical data models, data structures, and data management solutions, in support of standard scientific data lifecycle. In addition, this position will assure that adopted data models enable the integration and exchange of scientific and research data between custom and commercial laboratory informatics solutions that are both internal and external to the organization.
- Implement data architecture best practices. Communicate with scientists to answer questions, troubleshoot problems and develop appropriate strategies to store, access, share, and curate datasets.
- Determine optimal storage environments and retention policies for scientific data; advise and collaborate with IT infrastructure colleagues in implementing, tuning and monitoring systems supporting scientific data lifecycle.
- Integrate scientific data lifecycle resources with laboratory equipment, such as DNA sequencers and microscopes.
- Acquire and update data from internal or web resources (TCGA, UCSC Genome Browser, 1000Genomes, dbGaP, etc.), document system changes, write and maintain documentation for end users.
- Lead Research IT efforts in designing and implementing integrations between enterprise scientific applications and laboratory informatics systems such as LIMS, SDMS and ELN.