The Gene Expression team requires an experienced and motivated scientific curator to work with various production databases and grant-funded projects, including ArrayExpress, BioStudies and Expression Atlas.
The post holder will join the team for three years in order to support the development of new curation workflows for single cell RNASeq data and submission to data in BioStudies. Specifically:
- Primary focus on bio-curation and management of metadata for experiment submissions handled by the Gene Expression team; communication with submitters;
- Curation of expression data for Expression Atlas;
- Documentation and testing of analysis and reporting pipelines used by the team;
- The development and extension of standard formats for functional genomics data (e.g. high-throughput single-cell sequencing data);
- Interaction with software developers at EMBL-EBI to jointly specify, design and test software relevant to the team’s work (e.g. Annotare submission tool);
- Design and delivery of training materials for Functional Genomics resources (e.g. at hands-on training courses), with occasional collection of participant feedback to guide user-focused development of Expression Atlas and other Functional Genomics resources at the EBI.
- Occasional travel may also be required.
The post holder will report to the Gene Expression Team Leader.