The Gene Expression team requires an experienced and motivated scientific curator to work with various production databases and grant-funded projects, including ArrayExpress, BioStudies and Expression Atlas.
The post holder will participate in:
- Primary focus on bio-curation and management of metadata for experiment submissions handled by the Gene Expression team; communication with submitters;
- Curation of expression data for Expression Atlas;
- Documentation and testing of analysis and reporting pipelines used by the team;
- The development and extension of standard formats for functional genomics data (e.g. microarray gene expression data, high-throughput single-cell sequencing data)
- Interaction with software developers at EMBL-EBI to jointly specify, design and test software relevant to the team’s work (e.g. Annotare submission tool);
- Design and delivery of training materials for Functional Genomics resources (e.g. at hands-on training courses), with occasional collection of participant feedback to guide user-focused development of Expression Atlas and other Functional Genomics resources at the EBI.
The post holder will report to the Gene Expression Team Leader. Occasional travel may also be required.