Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is seeking a talented, highly motivated and results-oriented biologist to join our Infectious disease team in Emeryville, CA.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists in ID, playing a key role in the development of in vivo models of infectious diseases and the use of those models to evaluate new treatment strategies and drug candidates. Ideal applicants will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence.
Major activities will include
- Design, develop, characterize, implement and validate relevant in vivo infectious disease models for identifying and profiling the pharmacologic effects of drug candidates.
- Document, analyze and interpret experiments for the evaluation of pre-clinical candidates.
- Present results within a multi-disciplinary team environment EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements Requirements
B.A./B.S. or technical equivalent with expertise in in vivo physiology or pharmacology. Individuals with experience in molecular biology and/or immunology techniques are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency with dosing via multiple routes - IP, PO, IV, SC.
- Hands on in vivo skills necessary to validate and implement rodent models.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and perform in new areas, implement new techniques and instrumentation.
- Meticulous laboratory approach, careful adherence to protocol and excellent lab notebook documentation
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills