The Scientific Applications Associate provides professional customer service and technical support to IDT customers regarding product recommendations and end-use.
- Communicates with and supports customers to provide pre- and post-sales technical support for a growing product offering.
- Troubleshoots product use and applications by using customer provided data and information, as well as IDT sales and manufacturing databases.
- Answers all customer inquiries received by phone, email and live chat.
- Documents all incoming and outgoing customer interactions in IDT's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Supports other IDT service departments and Sales through consultation or escalation of product questions, customer issues, and technical inquiries as needed.
- Resolves complaints by determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, and expediting resolution to the customer's satisfaction.
- Uses available resources to formulate a timely and informed customer response; reaches out to appropriate resources as necessary if the customer concern falls outside range of expertise.
- Escalates advanced technical inquiries, troubleshooting, and designs to Applications Specialists or Application Scientists as needed.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related science field required.
- Previous research experience in a relevant life science industry or a molecular biology research lab environment preferred.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office applications and proficiency in typing required.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Ability to analyze data, identify key issues, and solve problems using critical thinking skills.
- Ability to exhibit good independent decision-making, including problem resolution.
- Skill to critically review and accurately interpret data provided by the customer during the troubleshooting process.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and convey relevant scientific information.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues.
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a quick paced environment.
- Ability to keep key personnel informed and up-to-date of imminent issues.
- Ability to probe skillfully to get the facts when others are averse to providing detailed information.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a group.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.