Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and editing of papers for publication in scientific journals and to ensure that the publications meet established standards of appearance and contact. Primary subject areas include genetics, genomics, and immunology and their role in complex disease.
- Writing original text, editing and incorporating text prepared by others, including referencing (requires familiarity with Endnote).
- Assisting in the production of graphics, visual aids, tables, photographs, etc. needed to support the text material (experience with Powerpoint, Canvas, Adobe Illustrator and Photoship and/or other productive graphics programming).
- Recommend edits on written materials to improve readability, coherence, accuracy, grammer and conformity to internal and publishing standards of style.
- Finalize manuscripts according to formats set by specific journals
- Bachelors degree in biology or a related field, with familiary in the subject areas being published
- Superior command of written English including technical matters of composition such as grammar, syntax, punctuation, etc., with strong attention to detail
- Experience preparing graphics in support of scientific publication
- Ability to define complex scientific concepts and words
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of biomedical/cancer research
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE