Science Informationist – Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory- Library & Archives
The Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Library and Archives seeks a highly motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic candidate for a Science Informationist position. This is an opportunity to work with prominent scientists, postdocs, and grad students at the forefront of research in molecular biology, genetics, quantitative biology, plant biology, and neuroscience at our world-renowned biomedical research institution as well as to contribute to history of science projects. The successful candidate will seek out knowledge in the life sciences, and use this to support and advance the work of the members of CSHL’s scientific community.
The responsibilities of this position will include serving as liaison to our research laboratories by forging relationships with faculty, students and staff, creating innovative information resource tools that respond to trends in scientific research, managing Public Access Compliance for both NIH and NSF, and assisting with data management needs at CSHL. The candidate will also manage the CSHL Institutional Repository which contains scientific publications and other materials including data produced by our researchers. In addition the Informationist will be involved with the history of science projects requiring strong writing skills.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the library communications vehicles, including Library’s web site and social media.
- Manage and populate the CSHL Institutional Repository, a database of scientific publications and other material such as figures data and datasets.
- Promote awareness of library services and collections to advance education and research.
- Provide expert search services to graduate students, faculty, and researchers in molecular biology, genetics, plant genetics, neuroscience, and quantitative biology throughout the research life cycle.
- Participate in various history of science projects.
- Supervise a science journal club with local high school students
- Serve on the Postdoc Liaison Committee (PDLC).
- Understand the Public Access Compliance requirements for various funding agencies including the NIH and NSF.