Planning and Implementation
The RUL (sales professional) will develop and implement a plan to maximize the utilization of our products in the most productive (targeted) accounts while staying within budget. The plan should support the corporate objectives and highlight the delivery of our key selling messages. It should also include providing a high-level of service toward being the best in class for an assay provider. The RUL plans are working documents used to solve challenging problems in a dynamic environment. The plans should emphasize the need to build & maintain comprehensive relationships and develop “key” contact & account records in GHI CRM system to manage these relationships with GHI. To do this plan the RUL must have, or be able to quickly develop, a clear understanding of key territory-related clinical / political issues. The RUL will devote whatever time is necessary to complete objectives outlined in the sales plan.
The RUL will be required to successfully complete all training programs and deal proficiently with the concepts and complexities associated with genomic testing and with all GHI products. He / She should be able to invest the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding all disease states associated with our products and the strengths and weaknesses of our competition. The RUL should be able to effectively communicate appropriate technical, therapeutic, disease state, and product information to target customers that will result in patient access and utilization of our products.
Pofessionalism and Commitment
The RUL needs to strive for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development. The RUL is valued for his/her contribution to the organization, peers, and customers beyond sales/revenue production. In addition, the RUL will be required to attend various sales meetings and professional conferences around the US on as needed basis. It will be critical for the RUL to work closely with sales management and marketing understand and communicate our product sales and marketing messages. As a stock holder the RUL will continuously be on the lookout for talented people to recruit to GHI and may be asked to assist in the interview process as well as other support activities such as public relations efforts.
Communication – External/Internal
The RUL provides information critical to accomplishing the GHI mission to “all” parties involved in the sales of our products. The RUL will provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions at all levels of the company (national, regional & area teams). The RUL will work with Managed Care, Reimbursement, patients (including patient support groups), GHI Advocacy group and providers to insure access to our products.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years’ sales experience in selling with a strong record of success promoting complex products in Urology and/or Diagnostics or similar experience in selling/marketing products in complex Biotech products.
- Proven large territory and large account management skills with a deep understanding of how to navigate products / process throughout large institutions.
- Management and/or team lead experience will be a big plus as is Marketing / Managed Care experience.
- Deep understanding (or strong ability to quickly learn) and familiarity with clinical research in cancer. Competitive candidates will be comfortable with investigators and may have worked as MSL’s.
- Have a tight relationship or demonstrated ability to quickly develop one with national opinion leaders in oncology and pathology within their target territory.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to think, plan, and act strategically.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage and / or company / medical meetings.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel Requirements: up to 75% depending on geography.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary.