Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies is seeking a Sales Portfolio Manager to accelerate the sales growth of Agilent's In Situ Hybridization (ISH) portfolio in North America (i.e. United States and Canada).
The successful candidate will work as an integral member of the Corporate and Strategic Accounts Team (CSAT) in DGG's Pathology Division. They will work in a highly cross-functional environment to accelerate the sales growth of Agilent's ISH portfolio in the Americas. This customer interfacing role will help establish Agilent as the preferred partner in clinical diagnostics by establishing and building close relationships with external thought-leaders in both the academic and private sectors. While the key focus of the role is to build Agilent's ISH portfolio, the successful candidate will be expected to introduce and develop Agilent's broader molecular/genomics solutions to our clinical customers. Hence, strong sales skills, business acumen, technical leadership and expert-level knowledge of molecular/genomics assays is a prerequisite.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute on an overall "One Agilent" strategy and business plan to drive ISH sales growth and introduce/develop Agilent's broader molecular/genomics solutions to our clinical customers
- Develop and execute on account-specific sales strategies to drive ISH sales growth in strategic and corporate accounts
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Marketing and Order Fulfillment to optimize sales forecasting in order to ensure customer expectations related product availability in the clinical environment are achieved
- Act as a liaison between Pathology and Genomics sales channels to ensure the timely and accurate sharing of leads, particularly for ISH and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Collaborate with Sales Training to develop a training program for both sales and technical teams, including managing communication around product expectations to our customers
- Collaborate with both Field and Global Marketing to translate customer and sales requirements into effective collaterals, product offerings and pricing strategies
- Collaborate with Agilent's CDx Division to identify ISH opportunities for companion diagnostics development
- Collaborate with R&D to communicate customer needs and technical challenges related to product development