The Sales leader will be responsible for leading the field-based sales management team and all operations related to PKI -Genetic Testing Sales(GTS) Force. Reporting to the Business Leader of the PKI Genetics Testing and Global Laboratory Services, the sales leader oversee the development of strategic and tactical sales plans, and execute those plans to meet or exceed sales goals. The Sales leader will drive international sales planning and results via talent recruitment and performance management of the sales force, strategy development and execution, resource planning and allocation, and alliance management. Finally, the Sales leader is accountable for achieving results in a compliant manner with all PKI-GTS business guidelines, as well as U.S. CLIA/CAP regulations.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic and tactical plans to support the short and long-term sales and revenue plans of the organization. Work closely with the marketing and laboratory operations teams to provide the appropriate level of input, as well as ensure the successful implementation of the related plans.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with multiple coalition partners for genetic testing in order to ensure alliance, collaboration and successful outcomes, as appropriate.
- Determine ideal field placement and incentive plans in collaboration for the account executives.
- Develop, implement, and monitor and report performance for the sales organization against key performance metrics. Adjust metrics and targets, as appropriate.
- Provide strong leadership and coaching to people managers, including the development of the talent pipeline. Establish performance management criteria and conduct performance reviews / coaching, with the goal of achieving the highest possible level of sales performance and developing talent for the future.
- Partner closely with the managed markets and reimbursement teams to ensure the coordination of priorities and efforts between the payer and sales groups.
- Manage the budget and expenses for the global sales team so that both adequately support short- and long-term plans.
- Travel with Account Executives understand the needs and/or problems of key customers / customer groups, and to ensure that sales strategies and actions will meet their needs; in addition, monitor the performance of the sales team while in the field.
- Lead the creation and oversight of business planning and related systems being used by sales leaders.