As a Business Development Product Specialist (BD-PS) for the Genomics Southeast District, you will be responsible for hunting new target NGS accounts within the assigned geography. As an integral member of the field sales team, you will use your excellent technical acumen and business development skills to focus on acquiring new customers while assisting in retaining and growing the existing base.
You will work with the account management team to develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell complex Genomics workflow solutions across the Research to Clinical continuum including NGS target enrichment and panels portfolio, bioinformatic analysis software, automation and OEM/custom solutions. In collaboration with your regional Southeast Genomics team, you will build new or expand relationships in key genomics accounts and consortiums as well as expanding understanding of the need within untapped market spaces. As a secondary focus, you will be expected to cross-sell all Genomics product lines and across Agilent.
- Driving sales of high performance Genomics solutions in the Target Enrichment, data analysis and automation product lines.
- Successfully prospect and vet new accounts and market spaces for alignment with Agilent Genomics products.
- Effectively prospect to find and close new opportunities in existing and new accounts.
- Effectively manage a funnel of leads and opportunities in CRM and provide an accurate monthly sales forecast and territory narrative.
- Develop and execute a strategic territory business plan that will enable Agilent to gain market share and achieve sales goals in the District.
- Conduct product presentations and product overviews with and without Field Applications Scientist (FAS) assistance.
- Provide constructive feedback from customers into Agilent to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customers' needs.
- Understand Genomics applications in Basic and Clinical Research, Molecular and Companion Diagnostics, Government/Non-Profit, and Biotech/Pharmaceutical market segments and recognize trends that impact buying of Agilent products.
- Develop and maintain strategic customer relationships.
- Participate and be an active member in regional discussion groups and forums.