Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Berger lab is seeking a bright and motivated individual to serve as a lab manager/senior research technician. The individual will perform experiments directed at understanding mechanisms of lung tumor development and identifying strategies for lung cancer therapy, as well as perform lab managerial duties such as inventory maintenance and training of new laboratory personnel. This is a fantastic opportunity for a scientist interested in making a difference in cancer medicine while developing and exercising skills in laboratory management.
- Preparation of reagents and media used in experiments'
- Tissue culture of primary and immortalized human and murine cell lines
- Molecular biology techniques such as protein extraction, immunoprecipitation, Western blotting
- Microbiology techniques such as cloning, maxipreps, minipreps of bacterial cultures
- Preparation of lentivirus for genetic studies
- Murine work including handling, breeding, genotyping, and dissection
- Maintaining organized and complete lab records and inventories
- Communicating hypotheses and results in lab meetings
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Biology is required
- Minimum 2 years of full-time biology or chemistry laboratory-based experience
Desired qualities and skills:
- highly motivated and intellectually curious
- a solid background knowledge in cell biology and/or cancer biology
- excellent written and verbal skills
- ability to maintain organized laboratory notebook and computer files
- exceptional attention to detail
- experience with murine research models
- experience with standard laboratory techniques, including cell culture, flow cytometry, Western blotting, and immunofluorescence/confocal microscopy
- experience with high-throughput screening, viral vectors, and CRISPR strongly preferred
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE