A molecular genotyping laboratory that performs state of the art genotyping methodologies for disease association studies is looking for an exceptionally skilled, experienced molecular and/or sequencing technician. The laboratory collaborates with local and international labs to carry out anthropological, clinical, and basic disease studies that are aimed at a better understanding and development of data andtools for diagnosis and treatment of a variety of human diseases.
Experienced motivated individual needed to fill technical position in laboratory studying cellular immunology. Will be responsible for performing standard and investigative bench-level experiments, operate analytical instruments, recover, compile and verify the accuracy of research data. Will be required to keep organized, detailed and accurate laboratory notes and to work effectively both as part of a team and independently. Will perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in biological sciences or related field required, advanced degree preferred.
- 2 or more years experience in molecular biology techniques and tissue culture preferred.
- Experience working with cell lines, normal NK/T cells, retroviral transduction/gene expression, antibody production and immunostaining/FACS analysis would be desirable.
- Desired skills also include preparation of protein expression constructs, Western/Northern Analysis, PCR.
- Must have computer skills including data base entry and graphics.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE